Thursday, October 2, 2008

encouragment

we are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. we always carry around in our body the death of jesus, so that the life of jesus may also be revealed in our body.
2 cor 4:8-10

this morning i got up a little bit earlier to go over dialog. posture clinic at night is a bit difficult for me. we are already sooo tired and beat down and then we pour ourselves out and our energy into delivering the postures. so i was feeling a bit perplexed by the difficulty of it all to say the least. anyways- i was in the lobby saying my dialog out loud to myself this morning and one of my favorite staff members walked by and i waved. when i came down the stairs into the lobby area by the yoga room he said 'there is the dialog queen'(he was in my posture clinic last night when i delivered awkward). and i smiled and said thanks- went and plopped down on the couch to work on more dialog before class. he came over and said' that is exactly why your are excellent and will continue to be excellent.' it warmed my heart. seriously i know i am 28 and shouldn't need any validation from anyone but it is that little bit of positivity and encouragement that propels me forward! especially in this concentrated enviroment where at times you feel hopeless, exhausted and beyond repair.

this morning in class i didn't really feel myself. it wasn't that hot in the room(i know i'm crazy but the heat helps me push harder) and i just felt like a cold noodle flopping around. anyways- lynn was teaching and i was halfway into traingle and i was really trying to focus on aligning everything, stretching, not letting my legs slip underneath me- the whole bit and i looked up at her for some reason and she said 'smile allison.' i did and instantly i felt better. sometimes i take myself too seriously - i love this yoga! i need to remember to not always have my soldier girl game face on all of the time. 

it's funny because we are all so tired near the end of the week that we are literally delirious. i was sitting next to this girl anna last night and i forgot what she did but we both just stared laughing uncontrolably - to the point of hysteria. it's so funny and a bit crazy screw loose at the same time. hopefully i won't be needing to be in a loony bin anytime soon but at moments i feel i'm not far from it:) 

here is to keeping all of my marbles -

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alli - I loved this blog - it warmed my heart and made me so proud of you and all you're doing. Thank you for your honesty during this process. It's inspiring!

Much love from Texas,
Mer

danielle said...

Haha. I totally understand how you feel. You're doing awesome though & like you said yesterday it's so funny when we see eachother because it's like we are thinking and feeling the same thing. We're 1/3 of the way done!

orbit said...

marbles are overrated... vive les crazies