Sunday, August 24, 2008

thank you gabby!






well i have gabby smith to thank for my newest obsession and time consuming activity. what might that be you may ask? knitting, collecting rare coins, restoring vintage gowns.....no this new interest is a little bit darker. okay....i will proceed to let the monster out of the bag- vampires! gabby has gotten me addicted to stephenie meyers' vampire series of books. when she told me about them she said 'go out and buy the first one today' i didn't think i would read it in the same day!  it was such a page turner. i know a series of vampire books may sound a little cheesy but seriously i can't but them down.  i went back to borders the next day to by 'new moon' the second book of the series and i somewhat hung my head in embarrassment of my new addiction in hopes of not being noticed. i told my friend erin on the phone about how when i got up to the counter to check out my true colors came out though. the checkout girl had a button on that said' have you been bitten yet?' and i wanted one! (i can't believe i have jumped on the bandwagon - i'm the one who always rolls my eyes when i hear about all the harry potter cape wearing fools) clearly i have and can't turn back now. i've drank the kool aid and i'm hooked...or bitten. and if you see two dark marks on my neck it's not a hickey.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! That's awesome. I am soooo glad you love it too! We must see the movie together! I heard the release date was bumped up from December to November! YAY!
Love ya!

Sarah Sunshine said...

don't be ashamed - it is infesting many of us! i just finished #2 - i was waiting for the olympics to end to start #3!

allison said...

just finished the second one as well and i'm waiting to buy the third one because i can't put them done and i have to much to do before i leave!!!